Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 187

Thread: 2007 football schedules

  1. #131
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    I talked with former RC and SN head coach, not TN High OC Mike Wampler a couple of months ago, and he said North will definitely have some bigguns on the line this year. I am interested to see how RC stacks up with them, and also wondering what division they will be rated as as far as power points go for the Cove and Lee.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #132
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Probably somehow thought you were replying to me instead of VHSLhelper, maybe.

    Thanks for the info on North though, haha.

  3. #133
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Oh I think they will strugal a bit but they do have a lite schedule this year here is how I see it today

    Game 1: At Grundy - Grundy has been in a decline the last 2 years and while they are looking to bounce back in the near future they will be to young next year for that to happen Haysi Wins and are 1-0

    Game 2: At Clintwood - I am almost afraid to pick Clintwood since haysi seems to play them close no matter what and could very well come out with a win I am still picking Clintwood 1-1

    Game 3: AT Tug Valley WV - Hurley beat Tug Valley what else needs to be said [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] barring Haysi getting lost on the way to the game they win this one 2-1

    Game 4: Home vs Honaker - Smart Money is on Honaker BUT Haysi has beat them several times that they probably should not have it will be a great game 2-2

    Game 5: Home vs TV - Easy win 3-2

    Game 6: At Ervinton - Easy win 4-2

    Game 7: At Hurly - Easy win 5-2

    Game 8: Home vs JJ Kelly - Kelly will be comming off of 3 TOUGH games in 3 weeks while Haysi will be comming off of 2 open weeks and Hurly the only think that should slow down Haysi here is rust I pick them to win and be 6-2

    Game 9: Home vs Lee - Lee has shown signs of comming to life and they COULD be a better team than I currently think they will be so I will call this one a tossup and give the win to Haysi since they are the home team 7-2


    IMHO out of 9 games there are 5 that Haysi would have to just about not show up for to lose of the other 4 games 3 will be at Sandlick (Where Haysi is always tougher)

  4. #134
    Inactive Member imported_Hooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2007
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    I thought suprbeast was replying to beamerball on North instead of the question about Volunteer.

  5. #135
    Inactive Member mlhall's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2007
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Are you or have you ever been a head football coach? I personally know that Coach Austin got in touch with every available non-district team to try to schedule games. There were some district coaches who scheduled games in weeks that were always held for Appy to try and screw up the schedule and they succeeded. It is hard to schedule non-district games in the weeks that you need when all of those slots are already filled with other teams. So, unless you know what you are talking about, it would seem hard for you to criticize someone else.

  6. #136
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Yes. I know what I'm talking about. It seems like Tom must have been magic. He never had that problem.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  7. #137
    Inactive Member imported_VHSLhelper's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2005
    Posts
    883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skywalker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the last couple of years, I think Haysi and Norton has played, but I can't remember who won. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE?</div></div>

    Over the last 10 years, the Haysi - JIB series was :
    dominated by the home team (5 of 6)
    dominated by Burton (4 of last 5)
    dominated by even-ness (5 of the 6 were decided by a TD or less)

    1997 Haysi 27-26
    1998 JIB 34-28, OT
    1999 Haysi 7-0
    2000 JIB 36-7
    2001 JIB 20-14 (@ Haysi - Tiger's went 9-1)
    2002 JIB 12-6 (double OT)
    2003-6 : DNP

  8. #138
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    The exit of Coeburn and Gate City from the district is what jumbled the scheduled weeks for each team's games...it wasn't an anti-Appy conspiracy.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #139
    Inactive Member imported_VHSLhelper's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2005
    Posts
    883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    yeah, most of the SW VA teams had some scheduling "situation" this year, since the CMD teams came from not just 3 different Districts but 3 diff. REGIONS. Add in the Ky. realignment and their institution of designated weeks or District games, and I know some guys had to be pulling their hair out.

  10. #140
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Lung while Appys schedule is not what it was back in 90's it is not a overly week schedule either

    there Out Of Dictric games are
    #1 Castlewood - Won a share of the Cumberland last season
    #2 Rye Cove - A solid team in a game that has become a bit of a rilvery
    #3 Gate City - IMHO the best non LPD team in the Region
    #4 St Paul - Should be one of the top Cumberland teams this season
    #5 Selbe Valley - Not a great team but will bring AA Powerpoints

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •